Specialized Professional Training In Practical Debt Collection Techniques, Effective Credit Sale Management, Credit Control Skills & Revenue Management in Accelerating Cash Flows.
Our training program, organized in half sessions of mornings or afternoons, is practically hands on packaged to deal with the day to day cross cutting challenges that affect cash in-flows. It is based on expertise, practical experience and knowledge that are all aimed at enhancing the capacity of different desk and field staff. We have carried such cross cutting and integrated training assignments for other organizations before who have registered remarkable success to date. Participants are tasked with immediate collection assignments after their first sessions. The Course content or Modules vary depending on the type of training but geared towards avoiding bad debt, collecting quickly, offering practical solutions, increasing sales and strengthening the debtor relationship.
Fast collection of cash is essential in any business and our training is designed to build and develop confident and skilled collectors who can reduce exposure to slow paying customers & bad debts.
a) Training Objectives.
We have carried such cross cutting and integrated training assignments for other organizations before who have registered remarkable success to date.
- Effectively collect outstanding debt Without Damaging Client Relationship.
- Be able to maintain A Balance between Customer Service and Recovery Management.
- Be able to Maintain Professional Relationships with all clients.
- Have the Attitude, Strategy, Approach and Skills to successfully collect all accounts – current or old, large or small, difficult or bad.
- Implement Simple and Proven Credit Control Processes in order to reduce The Risk of Long-Term Outstanding Debt.
- Learn the result oriented telephone collection skills and Make Every Call Count.
- Understand effective Methods/Best Practices In Debt Collection.
- Have an understanding of how each individual/staff role impacts on the company's cash flow as a whole.
- Plan an effective debt collection policy that will improve reporting systems, reduce collection pressure and ease collection hassles rampant during hard economic times.
- To acquire Different Strategies for Effective Monitoring and Follow up Skills for Different Debtor Categories (Corporate, Individuals, Government and Business Community).
- To adopt latest and Best Customer Care Cash Flow Related Practices that Will Enable the Team cope with the Current Debtors' Changing Payment Trends.
Our training has been designed to maximize choice, effectiveness and value for money. We aim to inspire learners with effective tools and techniques that will improve their knowledge and directly impact performance. There are 3 types of training; open/general, in-house or customized and one-to one or individual training.
Our specialist trainers deliver topics covering all aspects of Credit and Collections. The courses are suitable for all levels from a basic introduction to specialist skills and are designed to meet the needs of those working at every level in credit management. Our trainers are experts in their field with practical business experience. Their aim is to deliver inspiring and motivational training with current and relevant content which is built firmly around the skills that employers require.
In-house training program delivered at your premises are the most cost-effective way to up-skill and motivate your team and are designed specifically to meet the needs of your team and your budget. Our expert trainers can design, create and deliver courses which meet the specific requirements of your company.
b) Why train with D.C.C?
We are committed to developing your skills and keeping your knowledge up-to-date whilst delivering cost effective training.
A Trusted Partner: We have 15years of practical experience that raise knowledge, skills and performance for the Credit Management and Collections community.
Linking training to Practical focus: Our local and international linkages and contacts enables us access the latest best practice techniques in the credit and collections industry.
Best Practice and Benchmarking: We also understand and implement the principles of best practice and benchmarking according to the FDCPA professional standards in optimizing day to day activities.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD: This is a commitment to continually update expertise and knowledge in order to remain professionally skilled in achieving potential.
Credit in a Business Context: DCC training also offers a wider focus, giving you the opportunity to broaden your skills base and learn about credit in a general business environment.
Training Cost This is agreed upon after the client has identified the type of training that includes: Professional fees, Training Handouts and Certificates, a vigorous monitoring/follow up program to assess and monitor participants, free advisory services and a technical write up highlighting a detailed SWOT analysis.
c) Training Course Modules:
The Course content has been structured in 2 sections to suit client's needs. However, one is free to choose or identify topics of interest from any section depending on taste and style.
Section One: Training Course Topics
- Cost of Credit, Understanding Your Roles and Impact of Bad Debt on Your Company.
- How To Become More Proactive and Make Payment Happen.
- Proven and Practical Techniques for identifying Your Customer's or client's Ability or Inability to Pay.
- Avoiding Domestic Arrears by Dealing with Delays and Bureaucracy Syndrome while Collecting from Government, Districts or Ministries.
- Chasing Payment and Avoiding Delays in Getting Paid.
- The Role of the Marketing and Sales Team in Accelerating Cash Flows.
- How Documentations and Records (Contracts, Sales Level Agreements, Local Purchase Orders Etc) affect getting paid.
- How to successfully collect during The Credit Grace Period and Keep the Cash constantly flowing in.
- Why Most Clients Don't Adhere to Payment Terms and tackling Payment Methods of different Clients.
- Designing an Effective Invoice Delivery System & Key Aspects of an Effective Credit Policy,
- How to Review Ongoing Accounts and Deal with Overdue Accounts at Various Stages of Delinquency.
- How to amend Interdepartmental Bridges between Marketing, Credit, Finance or Technical Departments.
- Setting, Managing and Achieving Collection Targets With Your Supervisor or Team and deliver Cash.
- Effective Reporting Trends and Information Management in Debt Collection.
- Key KPIs in Measuring and Monitoring Collection Performance.
- Effective Tools in Management of Debtor's Excuses, Broken Promises, Unpaid Balances & Late Payments.
- Effective Tips in Monitoring and Follow Ups Skills that won't irritate your Debtors.
- Effective Attributes of an Efficient, Effective and Successful Credit or Debt Collection Staff.
- Tackling Challenges while collecting from Individual Debtors, Business Community and High Profile Class.
- Improving and Promoting Cost Effective Telephone Communication Skills.
- Best Approaches in Developing Solid & Lasting Debtor-Creditor-Relationship.
- How to Maintain Successful Relationships with Difficult Debtors during Tough Financial Times.
- Customer Grading, Satisfaction, Conflict and Query Management While Collecting Debt.
- Strategic Activities, Planning and Goal Setting Skills for Result Oriented Collections.
- The Cost Benefits Analysis of Legal Action in Debt Recovery: When to Take the Right Steps, At What Stage and Knowing What to Expect.
- Making Legal Action Affordable, Relevant And Result Based.
- Effective Alternatives and Better Options to Bounced Cheques.
- The International Debt Collection Practice and Laws (Case Study: U.S.A.)
Section Two: Training Course Modules
This is conducted in Course modules depending on the client's choice or needs. Please note that the topics do not differ or vary a lot except for ease of choices. The different sub topics under the Course modules can be provided upon request. Below are the main modules:
- Course Module 1: Credit Control and Credit Policy
- Course Module 2: Develop your Credit Control Skills & Credit Management Strategies
- Course Module 3: Credit Risk Analysis & Essential Skills in Credit Risk Assessment
- Course Module 4: Collecting with Confidence
- Course Module 5: Essential Telephone Collection Techniques
- Course Module 6: Psychology of Collections
- Course Module 7: Collections Team Management: (People, Process Performance Management)
- Course Module 8: Essential Management Skills for Credit Team Leadership
- Course Module 9: Time Management, Creative Thinking, Business Communication & Personal Skills for Credit Staff
A Brief about the Lead Facilitator
She attended further specialized trainings in Managing Credit Sales and Appropriate Debt Collection Techniques from the United States of America (USA) with course modules like Tackling Debt Collection Hassles, Exceeding Collection Targets, and Application of Successful Approaches & Strategies in Recovery, Proactive Credit Analysis & Investigative Skills, Accelerating Cash flows and collections, Specific Customer Care Skills, among others.
Her wide experience and expertise in training various sectors of different trades and passion for debtors have enabled her accomplish many debt collection trainings and consultancies over the years. Her comparative advantage over other trainers is the fact that she is a field collector and therefore practically understands how it feels when you don't get paid and knows the right steps.